Elixirgen Scientific, launched in 2016, is a Baltimore-based biotechnology company focused on stem cell related technology. The company’s mission is to make stem cell innovation available to everyone. The industry’s top issue is the high cost and inefficiencies in iterating research and development due to the long cell differentiation from human pluripotent stem cells to specific human cells. The company is now providing reagents, kits, cryopreserved cells and services at an affordable price to help make research and other laboratory work more efficient.
Elixirgen Scientific is located in the Science and Technology Park at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore, an ideal research environment that allows Elixirgen Scientific’s scientists to conduct research at state-of-the-art facilities.
No supervisory expected
This position may require work in a laboratory from time to time that contains potent, carcinogenic, volatile, and poisonous chemicals. Employees are required to wear appropriate protective clothing and equipment when handling these materials.
The employee may be required to stand, walk, or sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Should be able to lift 50 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9am – 5pm.
- Formulate, direct and coordinate internal and external projects to accelerate R&D and commercial activities based on unique human induced pluripotent stem cell (hiPSC) differentiation technologies.
- Organize and synthesize cellular and molecular biological data, and/or publicly available data to support collective decision making
- Maintain and utilize customer information, insight, and issues for effective project management approaches
- Provide assessment of potential markets and develop short- and long-range business strategies
- Assist the management team in managing projects to meet project deliverables and expectations
- Support domestic and international partners including suppliers and distributors.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- MS preferred, not required.
- Bachelor in molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, neuroscience or a related scientific field.
- 2-5+ years previous project or product management experience in life science companies or academic research institutes required.
- Self-starter, willingness to take initiative.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- The ability to independently obtain data and perform market research.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Willingness and ability to take on additional responsibilities and undertake challenging tasks as necessary.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency.
- Owns strong expertise on required tools and skills including Google Workspace, Trello, and other online tools and applications
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate within the team and across departments both verbally and via written communication.
- Experience and knowledge of stem cell related markets are a plus.
- Strong skills in communication and relationship building
- Experience and comfort with working with multiple cultures and nationalities
- Driven and independent
- Collaborative, with the ability to coordinate efforts between multiple stakeholder
- Articulate, with the abilities to identify and solve problems, multitask, and learn
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment
- Familiar with advanced web, advertising, and marketing technologies and trends
Willing to travel occasionally. International travel may be required.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for the job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
Elixirgen Scientific Inc. offers a competitive salary based on experience and education.
Note: Please include a cover letter with salary requirements when submitting your resume
Elixirgen Scientific is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect while celebrating diversity.
- Project management
Elixirgen Scientific is located in the Science and Technology Park at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore, Maryland.