Elixirgen Scientific, launched in 2016, is a Baltimore-based biotechnology company focusing on stem cell related technology. The company’s mission is to make stem cell innovation available to everyone. This is because techniques involving the differentiation of pluripotent stem cells demand a high cost and yet the iteration of research and development is not cost effective due to the necessity of long-term cultures. To address this problem, the company is now providing reagents, kits, cryopreserved cells and services at an affordable price to help everyone with managing the use of specialized cells in their studies, accelerating the progress in research and making other laboratory work more efficient.
Elixirgen Scientific is located at the Science and Technology Park of Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, an ideal research environment that allows Elixirgen Scientific’s scientists to conduct research at state-of-the-art facilities.
Non-Exempt Full Time
– $35,000- $45,000
– Depending on her or his experience and education level
– Support R&D scientists
– This position will be supervised by a Ph.D. scientist
– This position works in a laboratory that contains potent, carcinogenic, volatile, and poisonous chemicals. Employees are required to wear appropriate protective clothing and equipment when handling these materials.
– Core working hours of 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM; No overtime expected.
Essential Job Functions:
– Supporting research and development scientists
– Maintaining cell cultures
– Assist in technical issues
– Accurate recordkeeping of cell maintenance and other pertinent documentation
– Comply with safety policies
– Prepare reports with data, findings, and future plans
– Perform general clerical duties
The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, or sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Medium work that includes moving objects up to 50 pounds.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience:
– Bachelor in cell biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, or a related scientific field.
– At least two years of experience in the field or a related area.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
– Hands-on experience in aseptic technique, cell culture techniques, media preparation and maintenance of mammalian cell cultures.
– A working knowledge of biological laboratory safety precautions and protocols for safe handling and disposal of hazardous agents and reagents, chemicals, and materials.
– Excellent writing, recordkeeping, communication and mathematical skills.
– Knowledge of laboratory instrumentation and computer software skills.
– Must be a team player and able to thrive in fast paced environments.
– Familiarity with cell and molecular biological techniques such as qPCR and Immunostaining will be favorably considered.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for the job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
– Generous PTO
– 10 paid holidays
– Paid Sick time
– Employer provides covered garage parking
– Employer Sponsored Healthcare, Vision and Dental
Elixirgen Scientific Inc. offers a competitive salary based on the candidate’s experience and education. If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your CV with the contact information of at least two references and include a cover letter stating your salary requirements. Elixirgen Scientific, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect while celebrating diversity.
Elixirgen Scientific is located at the Science and Technology Park of Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland.